Justice Centre Hong Kong - Development and Communications Coordinator
Justice Centre Hong Kong is an independent, non-profit organisation working to support disadvantaged migrants in Hong Kong – including asylum seekers, refugees, and survivors of torture. Justice Centre provides free legal and psychosocial services for our clients and engages with the community to promote refugee participation and inclusion.
About the Role
As a Development and Communications Coordinator, you will have a meaningful impact on our organisation and client community. Your communication and marketing initiatives will enhance our visibility, broaden our reach, and effectively convey our mission to a wider audience. By creating compelling content and managing social media platforms you will amplify our message and engage supporters, ultimately strengthening our community and increasing our impact.
Additionally, your fundraising support will help secure vital resources that enable us to continue our important work and sustain our programs. Your efforts in researching funding opportunities, supporting grants and events, and cultivating relationships with donors will directly contribute to our financial sustainability and make a tangible difference in the lives of those we serve.
In this role, you will be an integral part of a dedicated team, working together to advance our cause to support forced migrants and create positive change.
The Development and Communications Coordinator role offers an incredible opportunity to work and learn alongside talented and committed individuals in a truly inclusive workplace. We are a team of diverse backgrounds and experiences, united by our shared passion for making a difference. Together, we work towards positively impacting the lives of forced migrants and creating lasting change. We value and cultivate a flexible, supportive, and friendly working environment.
- We offer flexible working hours and ability to work from home for part of the week. We understand our staff have lives and commitments outside of the job and offer flexibility in return for commitment and drive.
- Annual leave of 15 days per year plus two weeks office closure over the Christmas period (25-day total)
- A salary of HK$ 13,500 – 17,000 per month on a full-time basis and MPF, depending on experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Time off in lieu policy
- Part-time applicants can be considered depending on experience
Key Selection Criteria
Candidates from a variety of backgrounds are invited to apply and particularly persons with lived experiences of forced migration, including persons who are residing in Hong Kong as a substantiated non-refoulement claimant.
We have a few essential requirements:
- Passion and Sensitivity: Demonstrated passion for the mission and objectives of Justice Centre alongside multicultural sensitivity and ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Cantonese to effectively convey our message and engage with diverse audiences.
- Permission to work in Hong Kong.
Desirable experience to have, or otherwise a willingness to learn:
- Creativity: Ability to think creatively and experience developing compelling content to support communication and fundraising efforts.
- Basic Fundraising Knowledge: Familiarity with fundraising principles and processes, preferably with experience in donor stewardship and relationship management.
- Technological Proficiency: Proficiency in using productivity tools and software, such as MS Office Suite, social media management platforms, and CRM databases.
- Understanding of forced migration issues in Hong Kong and the region.
How to Apply
Application deadline: 6 pm Hong Kong, on 6th August 2023